website with reviews of product backlog and project management tools

  • Mike Cohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2008
      We've recently deployed a new website, http://www.userstories.com, to which we've asked tool vendors to contribute listings of their products. The site has all of the major tools listed. If a tool isn't listed, let me know, but we've probably asked the vendor and they are perhaps working on adding a listing.

      Where we could use some help is in community reviews of these tools.  So, if you are using a tool or have evaluated them for your company, please take a few minutes to come rate and hopefully review the tool(s) you are familiar with.  My hope is that this site can be useful as a starting point for anyone considering a product backlog tool.

      Future plans for the site call for us to add the ability to share (and comment on) individual user stories we contribute. I find that one of the best ways to get good at working with them is to see examples of the user story text so that you can go write your own. (Note that a user story is more than just it's text. Ron Jeffries says it's Card + Conversation + Confirmation. Since we can't realistically share the conversations, the site will eventually do the next best thing.) We'll get back to working on that part of the site in a few months.

      For now, though, please visit http://www.userstories.com and contribute a review, rating, or two.

      Thanks,
      Mike Cohn
      Author:
        Agile Estimating and Planning
        User Stories Applied

    • David H.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2008
        2008/12/8 Mike Cohn <mike@...>:
        > We've recently deployed a new website, http://www.userstories.com, to which
        > we've asked tool vendors to contribute listings of their products. The site
        > has all of the major tools listed. If a tool isn't listed, let me know, but
        > we've probably asked the vendor and they are perhaps working on adding a
        > listing.
        >
        > Where we could use some help is in community reviews of these tools.

        I will assume that vendors and their employees are banned from
        commenting on their own and commercial competitor products?

        -d

        benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu
      • George Dinwiddie
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2008
          David H. wrote:
          > 2008/12/8 Mike Cohn <mike@...>:
          >> We've recently deployed a new website, http://www.userstories.com, to which
          >> we've asked tool vendors to contribute listings of their products. The site
          >> has all of the major tools listed. If a tool isn't listed, let me know, but
          >> we've probably asked the vendor and they are perhaps working on adding a
          >> listing.
          >>
          >> Where we could use some help is in community reviews of these tools.
          >
          > I will assume that vendors and their employees are banned from
          > commenting on their own and commercial competitor products?

          I would hope that they're not banned from commenting on their own (with
          a clearly worded disclaimer that it /is/ their own). They should know
          the product best. I would also hope that they understand that marketing
          hype will make their product look worse, not better.

          - George