Agile Times Call For Papers - Agile Development and Fear

  • Boris Gloger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2004
      Dear Friends,

      the People and Sociology Section of the Agile Times Newsletter needs
      again you!!
      It is our newsletter - and in adaptation of the open space paradigma
      (http://www.openspaceworld.com/brief_history.htm):

      Whoever writes is the right writer
      Whatever is written it is the right
      Who reads it is the right people
      When the deadline is met than it is over :)

      I would like to invite you join the writing for the People and
      Sociology section.
      This time, I would like to set the People and Sociology Section under
      the main topic:

      agile development and fear

      Kent Beck writes in TDD: Test-driven development is a way of managing
      fear during programming. (p. xi)

      Fear is a big factor in human relationships. We do not talk to each
      other because of fear, we do not say what we think because of fear, we
      do not code what might be the best for the customer because of fear,
      project get under pressure because of fear, customers do have fear
      because they do not understand what the developer is doing, the
      developer has fear because she does not know what the customer really
      means,.... the list is infinitely.

      What do you think, in which way does agile methodologies deals with
      fear. What impact does this have on us, on the process and on the
      projects?

      Again this are only hints in which way you could start questioning. If
      you have another question in mind: WRITE.

      Please send me your proposals, draft articles, finished articles, book
      reviews, ideas and thoughts - whatever it is.

      The deadline for the final article will be the 20th of August 2004!

      just write it!

      Boris