Re: [scrumdevelopment] Scrum Management in MS heavy environment.

  • Kurt Häusler
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008
      Hi, I think specific tools for developing in a .net environment are
      fairly independent of Scrum. However if you want to incorporate other
      agile based "engineering practices" then the alt.net community focus a
      lot on such tools and technologies in a .net environment.

      As far as in integrated suite goes, then the whole MS Team Foundation
      System could be relevant. There are third party templates for team
      foundation server such as Scrum for Team System that are supposedly
      ideal for scrum.

      I personally prefer mixing and matching the better tools rather than
      using integrated suites. e.g. MS Test seems to be ok for unit testing,
      but once moving towards TDD and BDD you need something like MbUnit or
      xUnit, as well as a mocking framework like Rhino Mocks.

      Have a look at some of the open source tools such as nant,
      cruisecontrol.net, etc. They seem to embody the agile mindset a bit
      more than the microsoft offerings.

      Ask the question on the alt.net mailing list, you will get some good
      answers there.

      As far as scrum itself, a pinboard works well for colocated teams.