Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How to write Stories for backend components?

  • Ove Lindström
    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 2, 2008
      Well, we mostly use the same style, "As a <actor>, I want to,,," and
      just use the calling component as actor.

      An example (somewhat modified):

      As a CustomerWebAction, I want the DataHandler component to return all
      Customer objects based on the provided market.

      The one thing I've came accross in all projects where scrum and
      stories have been involved is to get the dev-team to understand that a
      component/class/object can be an Actor. The break through came after I
      attended OOPSLA 2007 and talked to Dan North about Behaviour Driven
      Development. That has realy help me to get the developers to write
      stories.

      /Ove "Lime" Lindström

      Message 40 of 40 , Dec 9, 2008
        Hello, Roy. On Monday, December 8, 2008, at 11:03:21 PM, you
        wrote:

        > Ron, I was commenting on the debate that seemed to be about how
        > you write it down on a card. I did make the comment "I think the
        > question is not if it should be a 'user story' or not, but who is
        > responsible for paying for this? Is it part of the original
        > project vision, that such components will be delivered as
        > required, and is part of the project cost, or not?" which does
        > encompass your concern (a quite correct concern, I agree).

        Yes. I find that the exercise of expressing a technical story n
        terms of its business value is a very good one ... especially when
        someone is trying to justify some techie thing that really doesn't
        need to be done. :)

        Of course that never happens ...

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Find the simple path to what works and follow it,
        always looking for a simpler path. -- Patrick D. Smith