Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How to write Stories for backend components?

  • Mark Levison
    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 2, 2008
      Rudiger - thanks for the pointer, I had seen that discussion. However I think this is a slightly different question. The previous conversation was focused mostly is Scrum viable for non-UI projects. I see that debate as pointless - mostly I want to see how others are writing stories for backend components.

      Cheers
      Mark

      Recent Entries: Agile/Scrum Smells:  http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2008/06/agilescrum-smells.html
      Agile Games for Making Retrospectives Interesting: http://www.notesfromatooluser.com/2008/10/agile-games-for-making-retrospectives-interesting.html
      Message 40 of 40 , Dec 9, 2008
        Hello, Roy. On Monday, December 8, 2008, at 11:03:21 PM, you
        wrote:

        > Ron, I was commenting on the debate that seemed to be about how
        > you write it down on a card. I did make the comment "I think the
        > question is not if it should be a 'user story' or not, but who is
        > responsible for paying for this? Is it part of the original
        > project vision, that such components will be delivered as
        > required, and is part of the project cost, or not?" which does
        > encompass your concern (a quite correct concern, I agree).

        Yes. I find that the exercise of expressing a technical story n
        terms of its business value is a very good one ... especially when
        someone is trying to justify some techie thing that really doesn't
        need to be done. :)

        Of course that never happens ...

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Find the simple path to what works and follow it,
        always looking for a simpler path. -- Patrick D. Smith