Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: User Stories vs. Agile Use Cases

  • Raghuram
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2008
      I agree that use cases are surely a good tool to know. People who have been using use cases earlier and changed over to user stories, in my opinion, can write better stories.  But people who already have started using user stories before knowing anything about use cases may feel it a bit redundant.

      K.V.M.Raghuram,

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 2, 2008
        2008/12/2 George Dinwiddie <lists@...>:
        > David H. wrote:
        >> We are also human and thus we are limited in what we can learn. I
        >> would suggest we only learn the things that return most value to us in
        >> the context we need to learn them in. If knowing a lot about Use Cases
        >> enables me to write better User Stories in the end, then I am all for
        >> learning about them.
        >>
        >> I do not know anything noteworthy about Use Cases and yet I seem to be
        >> capable of writing User Stories for complex problems. I would really
        >> like to know whether learning about Use Cases can improve my
        >> abilities. Any suggestions?
        >
        > There's a /really/ good book on Use Cases, though Alistair may be too
        > modest to mention it. I think you would find reading it worth your
        > time. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0201702258/

        Thanks... as he goes and buys it...

        -d

        benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu