Re: [scrumdevelopment] Metric for sucessful execution of SCRUM projects

  • Dave Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2008
      On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 6:26 AM, chidama <m.a.chidananda@...> wrote:
      We are adopting SCRUM in our organization. I am looking for
      appropraite metric(s) which will help for the sucessful execution of
      SCRUM based projects.

      "Successful" is often relative. Do you have a baseline to compare against?
      How are you measuring your current process?

      Dave

    • Ilja Preuß
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
        Good point. And possibly even more important: how do your stakeholders
        define "success"?

        2008/12/1 Dave Smith <davewsmith@...>:
        > On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 6:26 AM, chidama <m.a.chidananda@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> We are adopting SCRUM in our organization. I am looking for
        >> appropraite metric(s) which will help for the sucessful execution of
        >> SCRUM based projects.
        >
        > "Successful" is often relative. Do you have a baseline to compare against?
        > How are you measuring your current process?
        >
        > Dave

      • Lang Tran
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2008
          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "chidama"
          <m.a.chidananda@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > We are adopting SCRUM in our organization. I am looking for
          > appropraite metric(s) which will help for the sucessful execution of
          > SCRUM based projects.
          >
          > Can you provide some articles/references on this topic.
          >
          > Rgds,
          > Chida
          > http://www.tektronix.com

          Same question I had when I started looking into introducing SCRUM into
          my org. Are you asking the right questions? Be prepared because
          there no easy answers. Alistair has collected some discussions that
          you may find enlightening, I sure did. Make a big hot cup of
          chocolate and snuggle up to the fire.

          http://alistair.cockburn.us/Programmer+productivity

          Lang