Re: [scrumdevelopment] How to write Stories for backend components?

  • Richard Lawrence
    Message 1 of 40 , Dec 1, 2008
      When I'm in this situation, I prefer to write the stories the way you
      described. Functionally, those other systems are the users of the
      sub-system you're building.

      Richard

      --
      Richard Lawrence
      Certified Scrum Coach

      Message 40 of 40 , Dec 9, 2008
        Hello, Roy. On Monday, December 8, 2008, at 11:03:21 PM, you
        wrote:

        > Ron, I was commenting on the debate that seemed to be about how
        > you write it down on a card. I did make the comment "I think the
        > question is not if it should be a 'user story' or not, but who is
        > responsible for paying for this? Is it part of the original
        > project vision, that such components will be delivered as
        > required, and is part of the project cost, or not?" which does
        > encompass your concern (a quite correct concern, I agree).

        Yes. I find that the exercise of expressing a technical story n
        terms of its business value is a very good one ... especially when
        someone is trying to justify some techie thing that really doesn't
        need to be done. :)

        Of course that never happens ...

        www.xprogramming.com/blog
        Find the simple path to what works and follow it,
        always looking for a simpler path. -- Patrick D. Smith