Re: CMMI or Agile: Why Not Embrace Both!

  • woynam
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2008
      Very nice.

      As with CMM and CMMI, I believe RUP also suffered from
      misunderstanding and misapplication, to the point that the heavyweight
      implementations became synonymous with the framework itself. I've
      heard of very few instances where RUP was successfully tailored into a
      lightweight process.

      I'm fearful that agile could head down the same path. Once
      organizations turn it into a series of checklists, tools, and
      practices, and ignore the guiding principles, it's hard to turn back
      the tide.

      Mark

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "allan_roxas"