Re: Guidance for turning a waterfall project-gone-bad into Scrum

  • thomas lissajoux
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 12, 2008
      I'll concur with Alistair and Tom about the effectiveness of
      storymapping. Having just applied that (refactoring requirements from
      waterfall to agile) last week, I'll bring my 2c :
      - stating the users, their goals, their activities and mapping
      requirements to user activities _with value in mind_ is a key
      preliminary step and benefit of storymapping. Why ? because of a
      traditional gap between high-level benefits and low-level features
      After the session, I heard the new PO say : "value : we didn't
      consider it this way..."
      - a second benefit of storymapping is the 'slicing' : to get an
      incremental picture of features. Why ? to step out of the
      "all-or-nothing" and grow simple software.

      Thomas