Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Kanban vs. Scrum

    Message 1 of 224 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hello, Steve. On Sunday, November 2, 2008, at 10:45:48 AM, you
      wrote:

      > Yes, that was my point. The team MAKES the decisions. The SM can be
      > the point of contact, is also the one to help those decisions get
      > made. In some ways analogous to the committee of product owners.
      > (though not exactly the same). With all of those caveats, what I said
      > was probably not helping the discussion ;)

      I'm not comfortable with the SM being an information conduit. It's
      at least one rail more than is needed.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Why pay now when we can pay later?
    • Doug Swartz
      Message 224 of 224 , Nov 19, 2008
        Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:05:08 PM, Dillon Weyer wrote:

        > In this case how is XP different to Kanban then?

        XP differs from kanban in many of the same ways as Scrum. It
        is batch pull, not continuous pull. Instead of a sprint, XP
        calls it an iteration. In XP, like scrum, but not kanban, each
        story has a high level estimate attached to it during release
        planning, which is similar, but somewhat different from
        backlog grooming in scrum.

        Doug Swartz