Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Prioritization

  • Robert Biddle
    Message 1 of 224 , Nov 2, 2008
      Fair enough: I suppose they must exist.
      In our studies of agile teams, however,
      my colleagues and I have never seen a project like this.
      Robt

      > Hello, Robert. On Sunday, November 2, 2008, at 8:01:40 AM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      >> I'm interested in hearing more about PO's who do not
      >> need to do many other things.
      >
      >> Can you give some examples?
      >
      > Someone might be the PO for a single IT project. Or be in the early
      > stages of inventing and envisioning some new idea. Or getting a
      > program written to perform some technical calculation.
      >
      > It does happen.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > www.xprogramming.com/blog
      > The central "e" in "Jeffries" is silent ... and invisible.

    • Doug Swartz
      Message 224 of 224 , Nov 19, 2008
        Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:05:08 PM, Dillon Weyer wrote:

        > In this case how is XP different to Kanban then?

        XP differs from kanban in many of the same ways as Scrum. It
        is batch pull, not continuous pull. Instead of a sprint, XP
        calls it an iteration. In XP, like scrum, but not kanban, each
        story has a high level estimate attached to it during release
        planning, which is similar, but somewhat different from
        backlog grooming in scrum.

        Doug Swartz