Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Prioritization

  • Robert Biddle
    Message 1 of 224 , Nov 2, 2008
      Too much to do effectively? Yes, that was my point: although
      it's a question of space as well as time.

      I'm interested in how you see the product owner as a facilitator, though.
      Can you explain a little more?

      Robt

      On 11/2/08, George Dinwiddie <lists@...> wrote:
      > Robert Biddle wrote:
      >> Ron Jeffries wrote:
      >> > If they're as busy as you say, they need to be somewhere working.
      >> > Might as well be somewhere near by.
      >>
      >> Except that most of their work involves other
      >> people. Users. Marketers. Financers. Other stakeholders critical
      >> to the success of the project. Who are not nearby. Often not even
      >> nearby each other. This is the difficultly.
      >
      > Robert, it sounds to me that you're describing someone who has too much
      > to do effectively. Perhaps that person should re-examine their role in
      > all of the things they do, with an eye to seeing where they have made
      > themselves a bottleneck rather than a facilitator.
      >
      > - George
      >
      > --

    • Doug Swartz
      Message 224 of 224 , Nov 19, 2008
        Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:05:08 PM, Dillon Weyer wrote:

        > In this case how is XP different to Kanban then?

        XP differs from kanban in many of the same ways as Scrum. It
        is batch pull, not continuous pull. Instead of a sprint, XP
        calls it an iteration. In XP, like scrum, but not kanban, each
        story has a high level estimate attached to it during release
        planning, which is similar, but somewhat different from
        backlog grooming in scrum.

        Doug Swartz