Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Prioritization

  • Robert Biddle
    Message 1 of 224 , Nov 2, 2008
      Cool.

      I'm interested in hearing more about PO's who do not
      need to do many other things.

      Can you give some examples?

      Robt

      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > Hello, Robert. On Saturday, November 1, 2008, at 2:10:34 PM, you
      > wrote:
      >
      > > But I don't want to sound too negative: I think product owners
      > > spending lots of time with developers is a good idea. In fact a
      > > great idea. But if it is to be a lot of the time, like 100%, then
      > > I think that either there needs to be a product owner team, or
      > > things will go wrong elsewhere.
      >
      > There's nothing at all wrong with the PO having a team.
      >
      > That said, the need for the PO to do other things is very dependent
      > on the specific product.
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > www.xprogramming.com/blog
      > I stand for excellence.
      > I'm tired of people who stand for less. -- Mike Hill

    • Doug Swartz
      Message 224 of 224 , Nov 19, 2008
        Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:05:08 PM, Dillon Weyer wrote:

        > In this case how is XP different to Kanban then?

        XP differs from kanban in many of the same ways as Scrum. It
        is batch pull, not continuous pull. Instead of a sprint, XP
        calls it an iteration. In XP, like scrum, but not kanban, each
        story has a high level estimate attached to it during release
        planning, which is similar, but somewhat different from
        backlog grooming in scrum.

        Doug Swartz