Re: Kanban vs. Scrum

  • Joseph Little
    Message 1 of 224 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi Alistair,

      Well, I apologize. Probably I missed that because I have not read
      everything in this thread. Or enough, more generally.

      Perhaps it arises most from me speculating on why you should hold such
      contrary opinions on a few things, when obviously you are brilliant
      enough to agreed on some many other thing. <smile> <no doubt the
      self-deprecation is not apparent, but implied by the <smile>>.

      Regards, Joe

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "aacockburn" <acockburn@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Little" <jhlittle@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Alistair,
      > >
      > > It sounds like you start from the idea that the PO is the enemy.
      >
      > My writing must be really bad. First you read into my writing that
      > I writing from a retrospective perspective, now that the PO is the
      > enemy. Quite the opposite on both counts. Recall, I'm the one
      > trying to get the PO included "inside" the team so he/she has full
      > voice during the standups and full knowledge of what's happening
      > during the sprint.
      >
      > My apologies for expressing myself so badly. Don't know what I can
      > change.
      >
      > Alistair

    • Doug Swartz
      Message 224 of 224 , Nov 19, 2008
        Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:05:08 PM, Dillon Weyer wrote:

        > In this case how is XP different to Kanban then?

        XP differs from kanban in many of the same ways as Scrum. It
        is batch pull, not continuous pull. Instead of a sprint, XP
        calls it an iteration. In XP, like scrum, but not kanban, each
        story has a high level estimate attached to it during release
        planning, which is similar, but somewhat different from
        backlog grooming in scrum.

        Doug Swartz