Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Kanban vs. Scrum

    Message 1 of 224 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hello, Steve. On Saturday, November 1, 2008, at 10:40:33 AM, you
      wrote:

      > Thinking about this some more, would the "point of contact" for the
      > team be the Scrum Master? While not the "Manager" isn't one role of
      > the scrum master to facilitate team interactions (internally and with
      > the PO)?

      > While not quite the same as decision maker, I can imagine that, in the
      > absence of the team coming to a decision, that the SM can be the one
      > to narrow down the choices.

      Not as I understand it. The SM makes few if any decisions. Her job
      is to get the /team/ to make decisions.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      You don't need to see my identification.
      These aren't the ideas you're looking for. Move along.
    • Doug Swartz
      Message 224 of 224 , Nov 19, 2008
        Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:05:08 PM, Dillon Weyer wrote:

        > In this case how is XP different to Kanban then?

        XP differs from kanban in many of the same ways as Scrum. It
        is batch pull, not continuous pull. Instead of a sprint, XP
        calls it an iteration. In XP, like scrum, but not kanban, each
        story has a high level estimate attached to it during release
        planning, which is similar, but somewhat different from
        backlog grooming in scrum.

        Doug Swartz