Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Kanban vs. Scrum

  • Steve Berczuk
    Message 1 of 224 , Nov 1, 2008
      On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Robert Biddle <Robert_Biddle@...> wrote:
      > Ron Jeffries wrote:
      >
      >> Does it strike you as an odd asymmetry that companies have one
      >> president but many workers?
      >
      > Very interesting question.
      > But there are many ways in which to interpret it.
      > I think the issue is worth exploring a while.

      Thinking about this some more, would the "point of contact" for the
      team be the Scrum Master? While not the "Manager" isn't one role of
      the scrum master to facilitate team interactions (internally and with
      the PO)?

      While not quite the same as decision maker, I can imagine that, in the
      absence of the team coming to a decision, that the SM can be the one
      to narrow down the choices.

      Steve

      --
      Steve Berczuk | steve@... | http://www.berczuk.com
      SCM Patterns: Effective Teamwork, Practical Integration
      Message 224 of 224 , Nov 19, 2008
        Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 3:05:08 PM, Dillon Weyer wrote:

        > In this case how is XP different to Kanban then?

        XP differs from kanban in many of the same ways as Scrum. It
        is batch pull, not continuous pull. Instead of a sprint, XP
        calls it an iteration. In XP, like scrum, but not kanban, each
        story has a high level estimate attached to it during release
        planning, which is similar, but somewhat different from
        backlog grooming in scrum.

        Doug Swartz