The Right Thing To Do

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2004
      I recently received notice that my AgileAlliance membership will soon
      be up for renewal. Darn, and my hot water heater just exploded - it's
      one bill after another!

      But I'm going to renew, because I'd hate to go back to the way we
      used to work. I find the Agile paradigm so much more sensible,
      rewarding and effective.

      Clients and developers are given roles appropriate to their expertise
      and are encouraged to collaborate to accomplish the best solution
      possible within reasonable timeframes. This emphasis on
      responsibility and respect has returned a measure of dignity to my
      chosen career, and I really appreciate it. And it's made it once
      again possible to *deliver* software, which is the best part of my
      job!

      Membership is totally optional, and many receive benefits from
      AgileAlliance programs without joining. In fact, numerous members of
      this list have not yet joined. However, I'd encourage you to consider
      how much it is worth to you: to increase the chance that your next
      job is an Agile one? Promotion is a key to making this new paradigm a
      pervasive one.

      To know more about membership, you can start at
      http://wiki.scrums.org/index.cgi?TheRightThingToDo
      Discussion is welcome on the wiki!

      By the way:
      membership gives access to the AgileTimes newsletter, loaded with
      case studies and articles by thought-leaders in the Agile movement.

      deb