Re: While were on the subject of tests...

  • Tom Mellor
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 26, 2008
      Re: While were on the subject of tests...

      I took the test - scored 84 / 100.  That was the average for the trainers who attended.  The sigma was low; the highest score was 89 (not by a Scrum Trainer, either), I think.  There will be evaluation of all the questions, of course.  I imagine that almost all of the 300 Gathering attendees took it.  The test is scheduled to go live in January.

      Tom Mellor
      Certified Scrum Trainer
      tom.mellor.c5t2@...
      309.846.4899 (Work and Cell)

    • Ilja Preuß
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 28, 2008
        2008/10/28 Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>:
        > Hello, Ilja. On Tuesday, October 28, 2008, at 12:47:15 PM, you
        > wrote:
        >
        >> To me, the main problem with the CSM seems to be the gap between
        >> implied (by the term "certification") and actual significance. My fear
        >> is that because of the test, that gap will become even wider.
        >
        > Why would that be? Wouldn't a test tend to weed out people who are
        > particularly unqualified?

        True, the actual significance will rise. I'm not convinced that it
        will rise a lot. Had to see the test to have a better feel for it.

        What I fear is that the implied significance rises even more. Could be
        wrong with that, of course. Would mainly depend on how many decision
        makers today know that there is no test, how many will know that there
        is a test, and how they judge that information.

        Cheers, Ilja