While were on the subject of tests...

  • peterstev
    Message 1 of 47 , Oct 25, 2008
      Who took the Beta of the CSM test in Stockholm last week? What did you think of it?

      Cheers,

      Peter

      -- Peter Stevens, CSM, CSP
      www.tinyurl.com/Scrum-In-House-Training
      www.scrum-breakfast.com
      tel: +41 44 586 6450

    • Ilja Preuß
      Message 47 of 47 , Oct 28, 2008
        2008/10/28 Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...>:
        > Hello, Ilja. On Tuesday, October 28, 2008, at 12:47:15 PM, you
        > wrote:
        >
        >> To me, the main problem with the CSM seems to be the gap between
        >> implied (by the term "certification") and actual significance. My fear
        >> is that because of the test, that gap will become even wider.
        >
        > Why would that be? Wouldn't a test tend to weed out people who are
        > particularly unqualified?

        True, the actual significance will rise. I'm not convinced that it
        will rise a lot. Had to see the test to have a better feel for it.

        What I fear is that the implied significance rises even more. Could be
        wrong with that, of course. Would mainly depend on how many decision
        makers today know that there is no test, how many will know that there
        is a test, and how they judge that information.

        Cheers, Ilja