Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Going back to BDUF?

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 25 5:05 AM
      Hello, rsilverback. On Tuesday, September 23, 2008, at 11:29:07
      AM, you wrote:

      > You are right. What I mean is that when you design, you design for
      > something. BDUF tells you to design forall requirements in some long list.

      > If we have customer involvement, we done EnoughDUF: the customer can
      > tell us what is the smallest first release worth having. Our code is
      > then initially designed based on the requirements in that first release.

      I take you to be saying that the design is always right for the
      number of stories, and that the customer "controls" how much design
      is done, in the limited sense of not providing things to do, which
      therefore we don't have to design for.

      I would say, though, that within the guidance not to design for more
      than you have to do, it is the development team that decides how
      much design to do. Just enough.

      www.xprogramming.com/blog
      Speculation or experimentation - which is more likely to give the correct answer?