Scrumalliance and PMI

  • Mike Dwyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2008

      Today, I found out that Giora Morein and George Shlitz are doing a webinar sponsored by PMI.  Much to my surprise I also found out this webinar is jointly sponsored by ScrumAlliance.  Much to my chagrin I find that I need to join PMI to listen to this.

      So what’s the story?  Did I miss the ANN on this?  Is there a code that I should have to allow me to listen?  Is there an url that will take me to it via ScrumAlliance?

      Should I consider moving membership to PMI so that I can keep up on Scrum and Agile??????

      Full Disclosure.  I work with Giora and George.  I have been a member of the Scrum Alliance, the Agile Alliance and the APLN since they started and was a member of PMI for a long time.

      In case you haven’t caught the name I am also the one who ranted about the ScrumAlliance claiming ownership of this board.  Well you win, so do something.

      Michael F. Dwyer

      "Planning constantly peers into the future for indications as to where a solution may emerge."

    • David H.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2008
        On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:00 AM, Mike Dwyer <mike.dwyer1@...> wrote:
        > Today, I found out that Giora Morein and George Shlitz are doing a webinar
        > sponsored by PMI. Much to my surprise I also found out this webinar is
        > jointly sponsored by ScrumAlliance. Much to my chagrin I find that I need
        > to join PMI to listen to this.
        >

        > So what's the story? Did I miss the ANN on this? Is there a code that I
        > should have to allow me to listen? Is there an url that will take me to it
        > via ScrumAlliance?

        I was wondering that too,

        -d

        benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu
      • Johanna Rothman
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 24, 2008
          When I did a webinar last month for the joint PMI/Scrum Alliance
          effort, I thought it was aimed primarily at the PMI members who were
          trying/considering moving to agile. (I tried to talk to both sets of
          people.) Maybe one of the organizers is here and can speak to this?

          I don't think there was an ANN on the Agile Announcement list for any
          of the webinars so far.

          FYI, I do belong to both PMI and the Scrum Alliance.

          Johanna

          --
          Rothman Consulting Group, Inc. 781-641-4046
          Speaker, Author, Consultant - Managing Product Development
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 24, 2008
            --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dwyer"
            <mike.dwyer1@...> wrote:

            > Today, I found out that Giora Morein and George Shlitz are doing a
            webinar
            > sponsored by PMI. Much to my surprise I also found out this webinar is
            > jointly sponsored by ScrumAlliance. Much to my chagrin I find that
            I need
            > to join PMI to listen to this.
            >

            > So what's the story? Did I miss the ANN on this? Is there a code
            that I
            > should have to allow me to listen? Is there an url that will take
            me to it
            > via ScrumAlliance?
            >

            > Should I consider moving membership to PMI so that I can keep up on
            Scrum
            > and Agile??????
            >

            > Full Disclosure. I work with Giora and George. I have been a
            member of the
            > Scrum Alliance, the Agile Alliance and the APLN since they started
            and was a
            > member of PMI for a long time.
            >

            > In case you haven't caught the name I am also the one who ranted
            about the
            > ScrumAlliance claiming ownership of this board. Well you win, so do
            > something.
            >

            > Michael F. Dwyer
            >

            > "Planning constantly peers into the future for indications as to where a
            > solution may emerge."
            >
            > "A Plan is a complex situation, adapting to an emerging solution."

            Do you have a link to the webinar? Thanks