Re: Is this a correct Scrum process ?

  • chuckspublicprofile
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
      My comments inline.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "setianusa07"
      <setianusa07@...> wrote:

      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "chuckspublicprofile"
      > <chuck-lists2@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > When each task is completed, the code is committed to the test
      server
      > > > for QA purpose. At this time, the new point would be 4 days less.
      > > *** ^^ I was pretty much with you up until this... what do you mean by
      > > this?
      > Oops, no sorry. Let me rephrase. Assume for Item1, all tasks are
      > depend each other. QA can only test once Task11, Task12, and Task13
      > are committed. On day 7, Task11 and Task12 are committed. On day 8,
      > the number of days on the post-it for QA will be 1 day left.

      Still not sure what you mean. In your OP, you said 2 QA days would be
      required for Item1. If you can't test Item1 without having ALL of the
      tasks completed, the QA days remaining would still be 2. Am I missing
      something?

      > > > Do you find the above Scrum process is correct ? Do you have any
      > > > comment on it ?
      > > At what point do you do acceptance testing?
      > So far, only when QA approves the functionality and regression testing.

      It looks pretty Scrummy to me overall. It sounds like you have the
      lion's share of all of the major artifacts, meetings, etc.