Scrum discussion at XP list

  • Jonas Bengtsson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2002
      Hi,
      The relation between Scrum and XP is being/about_to_be discussed at the XP
      list. It would be really interesting to see some feedback from this group
      there.
      Go to this url to get to the "entry-point":

      Jonas
    • Ken Schwaber
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2002
        I just posted some information on my experiences with this:

        Scrum and Extreme Programming have been used in combination at a
        number of customers over the last year. Kane Mar from ThoughtWorks
        and I have published some recent articles (see
        www.controlchaos.com/XPKane.htm) and I gave a presentation regarding
        the management of this combination at the recent Software Development
        West conference in San Jose (see www.controlchaos.com/APMG.htm).

        In general, the business project manager (user) with the IT project
        manager sets up a vision, requirements, initial functionality,
        initial release plan, and ROI with the funding source (corporation's
        capital committee, etc.). They then start the project, delivering
        working functionality every Sprint (iteration). They report back to
        the steering committee or capital committee periodically on 1.)
        changes in the backlog/stories and release plan, 2.) changes in ROI
        as functionality is implemented, and 3.) general status of project.
        All the rest of the upward management stuff is gone. Downward, these
        two managers are only responsible for making the team as productive
        as possible and selecting with the team the most important next
        business functionality to build every Sprint (iteration).

        Ken Schwaber