RE: [scrumdevelopment] www.tirgris.org

  • Mike Cohn
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2002

      Hi Alice—

      Scrum isn’t a piece of software that you can buy or download; rather, it is a process for developing software. (Actually it’s a process for developing just about anything that is critical, not clearly defined and needed in a hurry.)

      Some good introductory readings on it can be found at the following links:

      Ken Schwaber’s articles on the Agile Alliance web site: http://www.agilealliance.com/articles/listArticles?key=author&author=Ken%20Schwaber.

      Linda Rising’s great Scrum overview from IEEE Software: http://www.agilealliance.com/articles/listArticles?key=author&author=Linda%20Rising.

      Ken Schwaber’s web site: http://www.controlchaos.com/, especially the paper on Scrum as a pattern done with Mike Beedle, Jeff Sutherland and others: http://www.controlchaos.com/scrum.pdf.

      There is also some information on Jeff Sutherland’s www.jeffsutherland.com and Mike Beedle combines XP with Scrum into XBreed at: www.xbreed.com.

      The best definitive source is the Schwaber and Beedle book “Agile Software Development with Scrum” (5 stars at Amazon and I found it very helpful: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130676349/qid=1021252934/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_67_1/104-4611611-6291103.)

      I heartily encourage you to check out some of the papers above as a starting point. Also, there are plenty of people on this board who will be glad to answer questions you may have as you start to look into Scrum.

      --Mike Cohn

      www.mountaingoatsoftware.com

      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2002

        Whoops. I also goof on the xbreed site, it is www.xbreed.net, not .com.  Sorry.  Hopefully I didn’t send anyone to some cross-breeding porn site or something bad! J

        --Mike

        Message 3 of 4 , May 13, 2002
          Mike:

          Yes, unfortunately, someone purposely bought xbreed.com with the sole purpose of selling it
          back to me (?).

          I refused to buy it from them for 5 digit dollars,

          - Mike