Re: [scrumdevelopment] Retrospective instructions?

  • Alan Dayley

      > You may find http://idiacomputing.com/moin/RestrospectiveTechniques
      > helpful. These are really just notes to myself, so if it's too cryptic,
      > feel free to ask questions.

      Thank you, George. Your notes are helpful.

      Alan
    • James S. Fosdick, PMP, CSP
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 4, 2008
        <ronjeffries@...> wrote:

        > Yes. I have some dear friends who used SAMOLO and loved it. I was
        > not as impressed as they were. For reasons such as you're referring
        > to, and others, it seemed to me that important things just couldn't
        > be brought up.

        It seems to me this has less to do with clever mnemonics or
        retrospective techniques (which are certainly useful tools) and more
        to do with the fact that retrospection is not equivalent to
        introspection either individually or collectively. A tendency towards
        superficial examination of past history without a requisite amount of
        serious introspection cannot have a significant impact on future
        development. As with all things Scrum related, teams will get out of a
        retrospective whatever they put in. The trick for the ScrumMaster or
        coach is to inspire them to be more introspective individually and as
        a group. I don't think there is a mnemonic or prescriptive technique
        that provides that.