[ANN] ACCU 2009 conference CfP -- 22-25 April 2009 Oxford (UK)

  • Giovanni Asproni
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2008
      Hi all,

      I've attached the CfP for the ACCU 2009 conference. It is not about
      agile development only, but we always have quite a bit of agile related
      content every year.

      Call for Participation - ACCU 2009
      April 22-25, 2009. Barcelo Oxford Hotel, Oxford, UK
      http://www.accu.org/conference
      Submission deadline: 20th of October 2008
      Highlight: Special track on patterns, please read on
      Email proposals to: Giovanni Asproni, conference@...

      We would like to invite you to present a session at this leading
      software development conference.

      Leading a session is a highly rewarding experience: the lively and
      highly engaged atmosphere of the event means that, even as a speaker,
      you are likely to greatly enhance your understanding of the topic you
      are exploring.

      We have a long tradition of high quality sessions covering
      many aspects of software development, from programming languages
      (e.g., C, C++, Java, C#, Ruby, Groovy, Python, Erlang, Haskell, etc.),
      and technologies (libraries, frameworks, databases, etc.) to subjects
      about the
      wider development environment such as development process, design,
      analysis, patterns, project management, and softer aspects such as
      team building, communication and leadership.

      In particular, this year we are going to have a special track on
      patterns--design, organizational, etc., as long as they are related
      with software development. We are interested in experience reports,
      techniques, lessons learned, etc.

      Sessions may be either tutorial-based, presentations of case studies, or
      take the form of interactive workshops. We are always open to novel
      formats, so please contact us with your idea.
      The standard length of a session is 90 minutes, with some
      exceptions.
      In order to allow less experienced speakers to speak at
      the conference without the pressure of filling a full 90 minutes, we
      reserve a number of shorter 45 minute sessions.
      This year we are going to have also some lightning
      talks, which are presentations of a maximum duration of 5 minutes
      (more information about this format at
      http://perl.plover.com/lt/osc2003/lightning-talks.html).

      If you would like to run a session please let us know by emailing your
      proposals to conference@... by the 20th of October 2008 at the latest.
      Please include the following to support your proposal:

      * Title (a working title if necessary)
      * Type (tutorial, workshop, case study, etc.)
      * Duration (45/90 min)
      * Speaker name(s)
      * Speaker biography (max 150 words)
      * Description (approx 250 words)

      If you are interested in knowing more about the conference you may
      like to consult the website for previous years' editions at
      www.accu.org/conference for background information.

      Speakers running one or more full 90 minute sessions receive a
      special conference attendance package including free attendance, and
      assistance with their travel and accommodation costs. Speakers filling
      a 45 minute slot qualify for free conference attendance on the day of
      their session.

      The conference has always benefited from the strength of its
      programme, making it the highlight of the year for many
      attendees. Please help us make 2009 another successful event.

      I'm looking forward to seeing you there,
      Giovanni Asproni
      ACCU 2009 Conference Chair

      --
      Giovanni Asproni Email: gasproni@...
      Director, Asprotunity Limited Mobile: +44 (0)791 746 0453