RE: [XP] RE: [APM] RE: [scrumdevelopment] Business Traceability

  • Alleman, Glen B.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2004
      Keith,

      Your right - it all depends...

      I work for a small Group ($200M) inside a larger org ($5B). We do IT
      outsourcing for a federal agency. Our world is likely different from
      others on the forums. We run our shop through a governance process
      defined by our customer and our corporate standards.

      Certainly if there are not corporate standards then there is likely no
      need for what we are discussing. If your firm is private (ours is not)
      then you can define how you develop code independent of external
      concerns.

      If however there are external constraints AND you still want to be agile
      then traceability up and down the line is a useful means of achieving
      both agility and accountability.

      Glen B. Alleman