RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Agile Test Strategies

  • Neil
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 26 3:26 PM
      perhaps his sprint is a year long! <g>

      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cenk Çivici
      Sent: 26 July 2008 21:14
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Agile Test Strategies

      I havent followed the discussion from the beginning but if my team had
      100 defects in a sprint I would be really depressed.
      Each sprint should end with tested high quality, ready to be used
      software. That means you should have no defects.
      It may be acceptable to see a bug backlog of 20-30 bugs and 100
      defects is way too many.
      I would try to find the cause of the bugs through a root cause
      analysis and fix the real problem.
      The question to ask is why do we have too many bugs? What are doing
      wrong? What should we do to minimize bugs?
      Are there areas in the code that are replicated for instance? Or
      complex designs that need refactorings?

      Cheers
      Cenk Civici