Redux: More than anecdotes?

  • Alan Dayley

      I asked a question about the availability of academic or other research
      that shows improved team productivity by using Scrum. This was intended
      to get a response to a team member objecting to starting the use of
      Scrum on the basis that it doesn't really help, it's just anecdotal.
      The responses from this group were most excellent. Thank you.

      After some time passing, my ScrumMaster training course, and more
      discussion, it's obvious that the objector has deeper reasons for his
      position. The "all anecdotal" objection is a cover for the other
      reasons. I published to him and the team the loads of links to reports,
      papers and "academic" information provided here. Which he has not read.
      ~ He no longer brings up this objection either. We're getting down to
      the heart of his issue with this fake one out of the way!

      The positive side of the situation is that he is amicably communicating.
      ~ This is much better than silent passive-aggressiveness or some other
      negative behavior!

      I have to say this about the ScrumMaster Certification Workshop with
      Mike Vizdos: It prepared me to expect difficulty getting Scrum going.
      The course provided both knowledge and with mental fortitude. Mike said
      it would be hard but I had no idea, and we're just getting started!
      With people like him and those on this list to back me up, I'm still
      positive and excited about starting Scrum at work!

      Thanks all!

      Alan