RE: [XP-NewYorkCity] Agile Techniques and Methods, 'Risk Management' and Metrics

  • Damon Carr
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2004

      Ken,

      Thank you so much. This is excellent feedback. I really respect the work you have done very much with SCRUM.

      You raise very valid points that are at the heart of what I am struggling with. How can these be adapted (or not) to fit the agile world.The study results (Appendix B) of the 'Five Core Metrics' book is interesting, but these are mostly non-agile projects I would assume as they are from 1983-2000 (6,300 projects are involved).

      Mr. Cockburn has added to this discussion as has Mr. Jeffries (both who I admire greatly).

      Yeah the 'Waltzing with Bears' book got a few heated reviews, especially from a certain person from Cleveland. Ouch. I'd like to talk to him. He is obviously a risk management expert of some sort, probably with a strong academic background.

      Kind Regards,

      Damon Carr, CTO
      Monetaire
      212.431.1122 x423
      212.965.0732 FAX

      http://www.monetaire.com

      STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

      The format and content of this material and its associated intellectual property rights are the exclusive property of Monetaire, Incorporated. All rights are reserved. No part of this material, nor summaries or derivative works, may be used in any way without the prior written authorization of Monetaire, Incorporated.

      This electronic message may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it from your system and advise the sender.

      Copyright 2004 by Monetaire, Incorporated.