Re: [XP] RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Proposed Amendment to the Agile Manifesto (no, thanks)

  • Brad Appleton
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12 11:40 AM
      On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:05:51PM -0600, Mike Beedle wrote:

      > <Alistair writes>
      > Even if I had something I was burning to change about it, the
      > Agile Manifesto is at this point a historical document and not
      > to be touched.

      Sounds like a version control/configuration management issue
      (perhaps I can be of service :-)

      What were the original requirements for the manifesto and can
      we trace each statement in it to one of those requirements? How
      are those impacted by this new proposed amendment, and what are
      the new requirements that indicate the driving business need
      for it? We should create and convene a formal baseline change
      control board for the manifesto that formally track and captures
      and assesses and records the dispositions of all requests to
      alter it in subsequent editions and versions and make sure
      the impact of all proposed changes are carefully traced and
      analyzed for their business value over their prospective cost.

      Then in three years we can release a newly baselined result that
      is out-of-date with the needs of its community and call it a
      formal "standard", and make money doing audits :-)