Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Why are we still allowing the term "Agile Project Manager"?

  • Robert Biddle
    Message 1 of 71 , Jul 1, 2008
      So, just to clarify, you are discussing issues that arise inside a team,
      for example after a product owner has asked for something?
      So this would not issues that hold up the product owner from being
      able to schedule items?

      Robt

      Message 71 of 71 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hello, Robert. On Wednesday, July 2, 2008, at 11:19:55 AM, you
        wrote:

        > Your earlier message said:

        >> Scrum works, in my opinion, because it requires two things:
        >> 1. Produce Done-Done software on a regular basis;
        >> 2. Remove every obstacle to doing item 1.

        > I'm not sure I agree. In particular, it seems to suggest an absolute
        > focus on
        > software, and it seems to suggest seeing other things as obstacles to that.

        OK. Why do /you/ think Scrum works.

        > I think an important advantage of scrum, and other agile
        > processes, is that they involve software development in a wider
        > context, and in that wider context the development of software is
        > unlikely to be the priority.

        Interesting. What do you see in the definition of Scrum that leads
        you to believe it is not focused on software? A reference would be
        nice.

        > So the advantage for software development is that the process is
        > more likely to lead to software that helps in that larger context.
        > This means it is important for everyone to realise that software
        > development is not the ultimate goal, and that things that might
        > seem like obstacles may in fact show aspects of the wider context
        > that need to be better understood and may in fact change the
        > nature of the software development.

        So that whole "Agile Software Development with Scrum" thing was just
        what ... a typo?