Re: Specifying hardware up-front!

  • woynam
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2008
      In RUP terms, you need to pick the architecturally significant
      stories, and implement them first.

      In agile terms, you need to prioritize the feature set. In this case,
      the feature(s) with the highest business value are the ones that are
      going to provide insight into the hardware requirements, because if
      the right hardware is not delivered at the right time, the whole
      project will provide *zero* business value.

      I assume that not *every* feature is going to have a critical impact
      on the hardware selection. You need to focus on identifying the
      handful of key features that will stress the hardware, and schedule
      them in the early iterations. Then start iterating.

      Mark

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "david.hicks_radtac"