Followup on Scrum and Metrics

  • Subhash bahuguna
    Message 1 of 52 , Jun 24, 2008

      Hi All,

      I had sent out a post earlier about Scrum and Metrics and did get quite a few very good suggestions. So I took them back to the Product Management group. However, they insist they would like to evaluate the Estimated Vs Actuals- which I don't think should be applicable in a scrum mode - but I am a newbee to the scrum world - so I am not sure.

      Is there any documentation that could direct me on IF it is a metrics worth calculating ?

      From a background perspective :

      The Development team provides a high level estimate to the Product Management based on which they would scope each scrum. Now they want to track these vs the Actuals - which I don't have an issue with - just wanted to make sure it is the right thing to measure and not just another check box.

    • Scott
      Message 52 of 52 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Ilja Preuss <it@...> wrote:

        > Scott wrote:
        > > So, it seems to me that 1 week sprints and only doing story cards (not
        > > task cards) wouldn't work nearly so well because measurement of
        > > burndown would be somewhat erratic and slow down the inspection
        > > process and therefore the ability to address issues.
        >
        > Have you thought about trying smaller stories?
        >
        > Cheers, Ilja

        Good, simple approach. :-) I'll try that. Thanks Ilja.