Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: OT: What ONE thing should CIOs understand about managing/motivating develope

  • David H.
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2008
      On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:11 PM, estherschindler <esther@...> wrote:
      > At long last, this article is published.
      >
      > Managing and Motivating Developers: Tips for Management Cluefulness
      > Encouraging productivity from your programming staff--at least in the
      > developers' estimation--requires a few special techniques.
      > http://www.cio.com/article/409063

      Thank you for writing the article Esther. I am not sure whether I hate
      it or love it. Maybe itis the fact that it targets CIOs and it has to
      be written in their language, personally I find it focuses too much on
      how to manage people rather than the system they need to operate in.

      Furthermore I would like to add that it is next to impossible to
      motivate somone. But you can motivate somone to motivate themselves.

      -d

      benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu