Scrum Team Management in a Game Developing Company

  • aguenter@stealth-reflections.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      Dear practitioners.

      I try to implement Scrum in my Company. We have the following Development Departments:

      Art (produce Character and Enviroment)
      Design (Level Design, Story, Quest and Game improvments)
      Animation (Character and Object Animation)

      Mechanics (Game Rules and Mechanics)
      Graphics (Rendering Engine)
      AI (Behavior of Objects)

      Audio (Sound and Voices)

      In the past we workt with Functional and Feature Teams is there a better soulution and can i use scrum for them all?
      How i have to fit my Product Backlog? Do i use a Product Backlog for every Team or can i work with a Product Backlog for them all?
      If i use one Product Backlog for them all, how can i guaranty that every team pick the right stuff for the next release and how can i handel it that no team waits for an other team?

      Please send my all your experience, i am very interested in your ways!
      If you need Additional Informations, please ask for, i will send you all you need as far as possible.

      Thank you
      Andreas

    • David H.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        Well Andreas

        I am in a similar situation, if you want to give me a shout off the
        list then we can probably have a more in depth chat and share our
        findings with everyone else./

        -d

        benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu
      • Nigel Baker
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          Hi Andreas,

          Electronic Arts did a presentation at the UK Scrum Gathering. I missed
          most of it as I was on the phone to a headhunter at the time. (whoops)

          There maybe some information on it, at the SA main site. The
          presentations normally get placed there. (Having said that, if you are
          from EA that probably won't help!)

          Regards,

          Nigel Baker
          Agile Coach
          CST

          --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "David H." <dmalloc@...> wrote:

          > Well Andreas
          >
          > I am in a similar situation, if you want to give me a shout off the
          > list then we can probably have a more in depth chat and share our
          > findings with everyone else./
          >
          > -d
          >

          > --
          > Sent from gmail so do not trust this communication.
          > Do not send me sensitive information here, ask for my none-gmail
          accounts.

          > "Therefore the considerations of the intelligent always include both
          > benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu

        • Michael James
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2008
            Since (unfortunately) there wasn't much response here, you
            might also try this group:

            http://groups.google.com/group/Agile-Game-Development

            --mj