What types of organisations adopt agile approaches such as SCRUM?

  • Ant Grinyer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008

      Having worked in software development for over 15 years in many organisations using different development methodologies such as waterfall, RUP, SCRUM and XP, I'm still not sure if there is a specific `type' of organisation that is more likely to adopt agile approaches than others?

      I guess it could be argued that those organisations that are more innovative or open to change are more likely to adopt agile methods?

      To try and gain more understanding, I've decided to run a short survey to determine what factors might or might not influence the adoption of agile methods, in the hope to provide some enlightenment. If we get enough participation, I then hope to report this back to the group to see if there are indeed any trends. To participate, could I kindly ask you to fill in the survey using the link below? The survey is short and should take around 5-10mins to complete.

      http://ou1211237011.agile-adoption.sgizmo.com

      I believe if we can determine the characteristics of organisations that adopt and do not adopt agile methods, we can get a better understanding whether certain organisations are more conducive to adopting agile methods?

      Your participation is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Ant Grinyer
      Senior Business Analyst