Re: [scrumdevelopment] UComics Postcard

  • Linda Rising
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 15, 2002
      Sometimes.

      I lived in Denmark for a year and just came back in July 2001.
      I really miss Europe :-(!

      I visited the Vasa museum in Stockholm and wrote an article about the
      parallels between that ship and software. You can find that article on my
      web site: www.lindarising.org -- click on Aricles.

      Jonas Bengtsson wrote:
       I think articles are posted a month after the magazine appears:

      http://www.sdmagazine.com/

      Now I found it on Mary's site:
      http://www.poppendieck.com/wicked.htm

      This is the most valuable "freebie" I get -- so sign up -- costs nothing
      -- > such a deal :-)!

      I really like the articles they publish on the web. However, since I live in
      Sweden I suspect that they don't want to send it to me. Sometimes it's an
      advantage to live in America. :-)

      Jonas

      Buy Stock for $4
      and no minimums.
      FREE Money 2002.
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/ySSFAA/9EfwlB/TM

    • Jonas Bengtsson
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 16, 2002
        Yes, Europe is nice. But I have never been to USA yet so I can't compare the
        two.

        Your article was really interesting! Both to see the parallels and to learn
        about the Vasa ship. Really great!

        I also found your article "The Scrum Software Development Process for Small
        Teams" very interesting. Which lead me to the question of how many great
        Scrum articles there are out there. Are there any collection of all Scrum
        articles?

        Jonas

        anadvantage to live in America. :-)Jonas------------------------ Yahoo!
        Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Buy Stock for $4and no minimums.FREE
        Money
        2002.http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/ySSFAA/9EfwlB/TM---------------
        Groups is
        subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Mike Cohn
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 16, 2002

          Jonas—

          While not exclusively a collection of Scrum articles, the Agile Alliance web site  (www.agilealliance.com) plans to include either links or articles about Scrum and other agile processes. I’d read Linda’s article when it was in IEEE Software but had forgotten about it—I’m glad you mentioned it.

          If anyone knows of links to any other Scrum or agile process articles, please email me and let me know of them so I can add them to the Agile Alliance Articles page (http://www.agilealliance.com/articles). I am also looking for a handful of reviewers to assist in approving articles for inclusion on that site—if you’re interested, please let me know.

          Linda—I second Jonas’ comments on your Vasa article. It was very enjoyable.

          --Mike Cohn

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 17, 2002
            I have one on the power of small frequent meetings coming out in STQE
            this month
            (or next month?). I'll let you know when I have a pdf on my web site.

            The Vasa story is great! I recommend the wonderful museum to anyone in the
            Stockholm area.

            The new agile NPO is collecting articles on its web site:

            http://www.agilealliance.com/home