Extra columns in your Backlog spreadsheet

  • mintywalker
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2004
      I'm wondering what extra columns people have added to their Excel
      Backlog spreadsheets ... and the ones they've tried to keep out of
      them.

      It doesn't seem uncommon to want to add things like "assigned to",
      "priority", "grouping", "cost center" and the likes.

      Some make sense to me, like "grouping" and I can see why "cost center"
      is going to be important for some.

      Others I go back and forward on. "Assigned to" seems to go against
      the idea that it's up to the team members to pick off the tasks they
      feel they can/should do. However changed to "point person", it could
      become the "client" who sponsers/requests the feature, or just the
      developer who's taken on the responsibility to get it done.

      And then Priority keeps on wanting to creep in there, but surely it's
      not wanted? You agree the backlog at the planning meeting, and then
      it should matter...
    • mintywalker
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2004