RE: [scrumdevelopment] UComics Postcard

  • Jonas Bengtsson
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 15 12:59 PM
      > BTW, to see how someone is spreading the word -- check out Mary
      > Poppendieck's article in the latest Software Development --"Wicked
      > Problems." Good job, Mary!

      Is this article available online?

      Btw, liked the postcard :-)

      /Jonas
    • Linda Rising
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 15 2:49 PM
        I think articles are posted a month after the magazine appears:

        http://www.sdmagazine.com/

        This is the most valuable "freebie" I get -- so sign up -- costs nothing  --
        such a deal :-)!

        Jonas Bengtsson wrote:
        BTW, to see how someone is spreading the word -- check out Mary
        Poppendieck's article in the latest Software Development --"Wicked
        Problems." Good job, Mary!

        Is this article available online?

        Btw, liked the postcard :-)

        /Jonas

        Buy Stock for $4
        and no minimums.
        FREE Money 2002.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/9EfwlB/TM

      • Jonas Bengtsson
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 15 3:09 PM
          > I think articles are posted a month after the magazine appears:
          >
          > http://www.sdmagazine.com/

          Now I found it on Mary's site:
          http://www.poppendieck.com/wicked.htm

          > This is the most valuable "freebie" I get -- so sign up -- costs nothing
          > -- > such a deal :-)!

          I really like the articles they publish on the web. However, since I live in
          Sweden I suspect that they don't want to send it to me. Sometimes it's an
          advantage to live in America. :-)

          Jonas
        • Linda Rising
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 15 4:16 PM
            Sometimes.

            I lived in Denmark for a year and just came back in July 2001.
            I really miss Europe :-(!

            I visited the Vasa museum in Stockholm and wrote an article about the
            parallels between that ship and software. You can find that article on my
            web site: www.lindarising.org -- click on Aricles.

            Jonas Bengtsson wrote:
             I think articles are posted a month after the magazine appears:

            http://www.sdmagazine.com/

            Now I found it on Mary's site:
            http://www.poppendieck.com/wicked.htm

            This is the most valuable "freebie" I get -- so sign up -- costs nothing
            -- > such a deal :-)!

            I really like the articles they publish on the web. However, since I live in
            Sweden I suspect that they don't want to send it to me. Sometimes it's an
            advantage to live in America. :-)

            Jonas

            Buy Stock for $4
            and no minimums.
            FREE Money 2002.
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/ySSFAA/9EfwlB/TM

          • Jonas Bengtsson
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 16 4:46 AM
              Yes, Europe is nice. But I have never been to USA yet so I can't compare the
              two.

              Your article was really interesting! Both to see the parallels and to learn
              about the Vasa ship. Really great!

              I also found your article "The Scrum Software Development Process for Small
              Teams" very interesting. Which lead me to the question of how many great
              Scrum articles there are out there. Are there any collection of all Scrum
              articles?

              Jonas

              anadvantage to live in America. :-)Jonas------------------------ Yahoo!
              Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Buy Stock for $4and no minimums.FREE
              Money
              2002.http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/ySSFAA/9EfwlB/TM---------------
              Groups is
              subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Mike Cohn
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 16 9:35 AM

                Jonas—

                While not exclusively a collection of Scrum articles, the Agile Alliance web site  (www.agilealliance.com) plans to include either links or articles about Scrum and other agile processes. I’d read Linda’s article when it was in IEEE Software but had forgotten about it—I’m glad you mentioned it.

                If anyone knows of links to any other Scrum or agile process articles, please email me and let me know of them so I can add them to the Agile Alliance Articles page (http://www.agilealliance.com/articles). I am also looking for a handful of reviewers to assist in approving articles for inclusion on that site—if you’re interested, please let me know.

                Linda—I second Jonas’ comments on your Vasa article. It was very enjoyable.

                --Mike Cohn

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 17 8:33 AM
                  I have one on the power of small frequent meetings coming out in STQE
                  this month
                  (or next month?). I'll let you know when I have a pdf on my web site.

                  The Vasa story is great! I recommend the wonderful museum to anyone in the
                  Stockholm area.

                  The new agile NPO is collecting articles on its web site:

                  http://www.agilealliance.com/home