Re: [scrumdevelopment] UComics Postcard

  • Linda Rising
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 15 12:20 PM
      Good ideas are just naturally adopted by others :-)!

      BTW, to see how someone is spreading the word -- check out Mary
      Poppendieck's article in the latest Software Development --"Wicked
      Problems." Good job, Mary!

      Linda

      Ken Schwaber wrote:

      >I knew we were getting religious, but I didn't know the fathers were
      >involved.
      >Ken

    • Jonas Bengtsson
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 15 12:59 PM
        > BTW, to see how someone is spreading the word -- check out Mary
        > Poppendieck's article in the latest Software Development --"Wicked
        > Problems." Good job, Mary!

        Is this article available online?

        Btw, liked the postcard :-)

        /Jonas
      • Linda Rising
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 15 2:49 PM
          I think articles are posted a month after the magazine appears:

          http://www.sdmagazine.com/

          This is the most valuable "freebie" I get -- so sign up -- costs nothing  --
          such a deal :-)!

          Jonas Bengtsson wrote:
          BTW, to see how someone is spreading the word -- check out Mary
          Poppendieck's article in the latest Software Development --"Wicked
          Problems." Good job, Mary!

          Is this article available online?

          Btw, liked the postcard :-)

          /Jonas

          Buy Stock for $4
          and no minimums.
          FREE Money 2002.
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/9EfwlB/TM

        • Jonas Bengtsson
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 15 3:09 PM
            > I think articles are posted a month after the magazine appears:
            >
            > http://www.sdmagazine.com/

            Now I found it on Mary's site:
            http://www.poppendieck.com/wicked.htm

            > This is the most valuable "freebie" I get -- so sign up -- costs nothing
            > -- > such a deal :-)!

            I really like the articles they publish on the web. However, since I live in
            Sweden I suspect that they don't want to send it to me. Sometimes it's an
            advantage to live in America. :-)

            Jonas
          • Linda Rising
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 15 4:16 PM
              Sometimes.

              I lived in Denmark for a year and just came back in July 2001.
              I really miss Europe :-(!

              I visited the Vasa museum in Stockholm and wrote an article about the
              parallels between that ship and software. You can find that article on my
              web site: www.lindarising.org -- click on Aricles.

              Jonas Bengtsson wrote:
               I think articles are posted a month after the magazine appears:

              http://www.sdmagazine.com/

              Now I found it on Mary's site:
              http://www.poppendieck.com/wicked.htm

              This is the most valuable "freebie" I get -- so sign up -- costs nothing
              -- > such a deal :-)!

              I really like the articles they publish on the web. However, since I live in
              Sweden I suspect that they don't want to send it to me. Sometimes it's an
              advantage to live in America. :-)

              Jonas

              Buy Stock for $4
              and no minimums.
              FREE Money 2002.
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/ySSFAA/9EfwlB/TM

            • Jonas Bengtsson
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 16 4:46 AM
                Yes, Europe is nice. But I have never been to USA yet so I can't compare the
                two.

                Your article was really interesting! Both to see the parallels and to learn
                about the Vasa ship. Really great!

                I also found your article "The Scrum Software Development Process for Small
                Teams" very interesting. Which lead me to the question of how many great
                Scrum articles there are out there. Are there any collection of all Scrum
                articles?

                Jonas

                anadvantage to live in America. :-)Jonas------------------------ Yahoo!
                Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Buy Stock for $4and no minimums.FREE
                Money
                2002.http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/ySSFAA/9EfwlB/TM---------------
                Groups is
                subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Mike Cohn
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 16 9:35 AM

                  Jonas—

                  While not exclusively a collection of Scrum articles, the Agile Alliance web site  (www.agilealliance.com) plans to include either links or articles about Scrum and other agile processes. I’d read Linda’s article when it was in IEEE Software but had forgotten about it—I’m glad you mentioned it.

                  If anyone knows of links to any other Scrum or agile process articles, please email me and let me know of them so I can add them to the Agile Alliance Articles page (http://www.agilealliance.com/articles). I am also looking for a handful of reviewers to assist in approving articles for inclusion on that site—if you’re interested, please let me know.

                  Linda—I second Jonas’ comments on your Vasa article. It was very enjoyable.

                  --Mike Cohn

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 17 8:33 AM
                    I have one on the power of small frequent meetings coming out in STQE
                    this month
                    (or next month?). I'll let you know when I have a pdf on my web site.

                    The Vasa story is great! I recommend the wonderful museum to anyone in the
                    Stockholm area.

                    The new agile NPO is collecting articles on its web site:

                    http://www.agilealliance.com/home