Re: [scrumdevelopment] Why is it important for software projects to go faster?

  • clarke_ching@standardlife.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2004
      thanks Stan. I've just been reading about this kinda stuff. Thoughtworks
      have a an example of "Total Economic Impact" by the forrester crowd (that's
      the subject of the link below) on their home page - www.thoughtworks.com.
      It's only based on 4 projects and the projects were suggested by TW but it
      makes for interesting reading (and objective advertising for TW).

      Clarke

      Stan Rifkin
      <sr@master-syst To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      ems.com> cc:
      bcc:
      01/03/2004 Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Why is it important for software projects to go
      19:40 faster?
      Please respond
      scrumdevelopmen

      Here is a link to an explanation that is more notional (less concrete) than
      some of the responses so far. - Stan

      http://www2.cio.com/analyst/report2268.html

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
      http://www.standardlife.co.uk/

      The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian
      Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and
      regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 -
      calls may be recorded or monitored. This confidential e-mail is for
      the addressee only. If received in error, do not retain/copy/disclose
      it without our consent and please return it to us. We virus scan and
      monitor all e-mails but are not responsible for any damage caused by
      a virus or alteration by a third party after it is sent.
    • clarke_ching@standardlife.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2004
        thanks Stan. Very useful diagram.

        Stan Rifkin
        <sr@master-syst To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
        ems.com> cc: (bcc: Clarke Ching/IS/SLC/StandardLifeGroup)
        bcc: Clarke Ching/IS/SLC/StandardLifeGroup
        29/02/2004 Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Why is it important for software projects to go
        01:09 faster?
        Please respond
        scrumdevelopmen

        Here is a drawing from Accelerating Innovation by Marvin Patterson, 1993. I
        use to to explain why we have to go fast. There period from Ts to Te is
        fixed by the marketplace (unless you are the leader), so if you get to
        market late you will lose that segment of the window that had already
        passed.

        Hope this helps. - Stan