Re: [scrumdevelopment] Why is it important for software projects to go faster?

  • Stan Rifkin
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2004
      Here is a link to an explanation that is more notional (less concrete) than some of the responses so far. - Stan

      http://www2.cio.com/analyst/report2268.html
    • clarke_ching@standardlife.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2004
        thanks Stan. I've just been reading about this kinda stuff. Thoughtworks
        have a an example of "Total Economic Impact" by the forrester crowd (that's
        the subject of the link below) on their home page - www.thoughtworks.com.
        It's only based on 4 projects and the projects were suggested by TW but it
        makes for interesting reading (and objective advertising for TW).

        Clarke

        Stan Rifkin
        <sr@master-syst To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
        ems.com> cc:
        bcc:
        01/03/2004 Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Why is it important for software projects to go
        19:40 faster?
        Please respond
        scrumdevelopmen

        Here is a link to an explanation that is more notional (less concrete) than
        some of the responses so far. - Stan

        http://www2.cio.com/analyst/report2268.html

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
        http://www.standardlife.co.uk/

        The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian
        Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and
        regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 -
        calls may be recorded or monitored. This confidential e-mail is for
        the addressee only. If received in error, do not retain/copy/disclose
        it without our consent and please return it to us. We virus scan and
        monitor all e-mails but are not responsible for any damage caused by
        a virus or alteration by a third party after it is sent.
      • clarke_ching@standardlife.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2004
          thanks Stan. Very useful diagram.

          Stan Rifkin
          <sr@master-syst To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
          ems.com> cc: (bcc: Clarke Ching/IS/SLC/StandardLifeGroup)
          bcc: Clarke Ching/IS/SLC/StandardLifeGroup
          29/02/2004 Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] Why is it important for software projects to go
          01:09 faster?
          Please respond
          scrumdevelopmen

          Here is a drawing from Accelerating Innovation by Marvin Patterson, 1993. I
          use to to explain why we have to go fast. There period from Ts to Te is
          fixed by the marketplace (unless you are the leader), so if you get to
          market late you will lose that segment of the window that had already
          passed.

          Hope this helps. - Stan