RE: [scrumdevelopment] 3 Teams, Enterprise Application, Incomplete Sprints.

  • Wolfgang Schulze Zachau
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008
      Hi sfscrum,

      Is it always the same team that lags? Or is it a case of one team just arbitrarily pulling the short stick (i.e. they end up with the stories that depend on all others to finish first)?

      You are correct in saying that permanent rotation of the team members is not a good idea. That is, unless they all know each other really well.
      I think it would be worth your while (or rather, the PO's while) to create a mechanism that allows you to highlight dependencies between stories, if this is such a big issue. You can then use this mechanism to make sure that in each sprint planning meeting you choose a set of stories with the least amount of dependencies. Seeing that you seem to have quite a big product backlog, that should be possible.

      Please also note my choice of words here: dependencies between stories. If you have dependencies between tasks belonging to different stories, then I would suggest that your stories could be either formulated better or they may need to be broken down.

      Regards,

      Wolfgang