Re: Agile Methods with User-Centered Design Groups

  • damdulin
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2008
      Hellow,

      I am a masters by research student and currently studying
      Agile-UCD combined process. From my study of both similarities and
      differences of agile and UCD, also their usefulness and disadvantages
      I at this stage found that using Interaction Design goal as a guide
      for developing stories might be beneficial. I am working on having a
      high-level goal and specifics goals. We know that goals generally
      remain static whereas tasks frequently change e.g. due to change in
      technology. Our goal can be fill the role of the interaction designer
      at the team level to a large extent.

      Feel free to throw-in your views, suggestions, criticisms and
      all. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

      Cheers, Namgyal.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, George Schlitz
      <gjschlitz@...> wrote:

      > I had one experience where the UCD team worked with the development
      > teams as follows (and this is a simplification):
      > -Each development team (by "development team" I mean cross-functional
      > team that develops product) had at least 1 dedicated member of the
      UCD
      > team assigned to it. This person helped finish incremental
      > product/current stories, and did some lookahead design work (prepping
      > upcoming stories with others).
      > -The UCD lead and a few other UCD people were part of a central team
      > that would work on holistic concerns...this helped identify cross-team
      > work, and also resulted in possible stories (prioritized by the PO)
      that