Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Story Points vs. Task Hours

  • Rob Park
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2008
      Just another opinion...

      I'm not a fan of estimating tasks at all.  Stories should be significantly small that task discussion is as far as I go.

      WRT velocity, I believe the point of velocity to be how much you accomplish of what you originally estimated.  Therefore, we don't ever go back and reestimate anything for the purpose of velocity.  What I do find as useful is when you estimate something as a 2, but by the time it's done, it felt like a 5... that's worth a conversation, mini-retrospective, whatever...

      .rob.