Physical Scrum Board

  • Joseph Little
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2008
      Some of us had a session on this at the ScrumGathering.

      Does a tool replace the physical board? No (IMHO), unless common
      sense says that the physical board is useless (maybe so if no two
      people can ever be in the same room, as one example).

      Can you use a physical board and a tool? Yes.

      Anyway, I promised to get back with info on magnetic push pins. They
      are magic, to me. Use them with cards (CRC) on whiteboard. (Almost
      all white boards are magnetic.) One use: Get the team up by the board
      as they do their stand-up. Magic once they get it. Lots and lots of
      other uses.

      Code QRTMPPC -- check Google or Amazon. Packs of 20 push pins around
      $7.50 per pack. Reusable. Yeah, a bit pricey. How does this price
      compare to the cost of an Agile tool?

      I guess this needs saying: A physical board and magnetic push pins
      might seem stupid until you realize that knowledge creation is best
      done as a group activity. And Agile is all about learning faster.

      Thanks, Joe