apologies for my blog entries requiring registration

  • Alan Shalloway
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2008

      An earlier post of mine referred to a blog of mine that unintentionally required registration to see it.  That was due to an error on our site which we just corrected.

      Here are three recent blog entries, including the one that I had mentioned.  Please see them if interested.  No registration is needed (nor was ever intended). They can all be seen at: http://www.netobjectives.com/blog/

      Why Looking Into Principles Is Important

      I have been involved in several threads on more than one user group in trying to differentiate between what I view as Agile practices without the benefit of understanding Lean and what we do at Net Objectives where Lean both creates the context for and provides guidance to our Scrum practices. For some reason, these "conversations" have typically stirred heated debate, sometimes even personal attacks and once culminated in my getting thrown off a popular discussion group.  I thought I'd try to discuss why I talk about what we do the way I do.

      A Reflection on Just-In-Time (JIT)

      This blog entry describes how a solid understanding of Just-In-Time (JIT ) can give great insights into the differences between Waterfall and Agile methods.  I want to acknowledge the Poppendieck's work for giving me the insights I am sharing today. Any failings, are mine, however. I highly recommend their latest Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash.  It incorporates not only their earlier Lean Software Development Principles, but also the thoughts of Taichi Ohno and Womack and Jones – two consistent, but different ways of looking at what Lean is.

      Is There a Fat Agile?

      Hi all.  I'm on "vacation" in San Diego this week.  I'm kind of splitting time between vacation, reflecting on business and writing my Lean-Agile Anti-Patterns book. Today,  I wanted to discuss the difference between what I think are normal Scrum practices and what could be called "Lean-Scrum", or what we, at Net Objectives, call Lean -Agile . I hope to write a blog entry each day of this week, so please stay tuned.

      Thanks,

      Alan Shalloway
      CEO, Net Objectives
      Achieving Enterprise and Team Agility