Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Daily stand ups

  • Peter Stevens
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 25, 2008
      Hi Brett,

      Thanks! This insight was really helpful for me in advising an existing- and a potential customer. I build a blog post around it: "Digesting Change".

      Cheers,
      Peter

      brett_a_bernstein wrote:

      I think one thing to keep in mind is that there is no 800-page
      playbook for Scrum or Agile [I do not have Ken Schwaber's book in
      front of me to check exactly but I know Mike Cohn's books top out at
      under 300-pages. ;) ])

      All jokes aside, what we have are a set of principals and a set of
      practices. In isolation, a given principal/practice provides certain
      benefits. When combined, I think collectively we would all agree that
      the whole becomes more then the sum of the individual parts.

      One challenge that I have continually come across when introducing new
      principals/practice s is the flow rate. To much flow and people start
      to choke. To little, and they don't get to that "a-ha!" moment.

      So CJ ... I think your challenge is in part to figure out the right
      flow rate for your organization. It gets tricky since different flow
      rates might be needed for different levels (team vs. management) and
      different individuals (intellectually curious + ready to self-organize
      folks vs. those who really just want to be commanded + controlled).

      Good luck and let us know how it goes!

      Brett

      --
      Peter Stevens, CSM